How to Unmute Someone on Instagram: Muting a user’s stories naturally reduces your level of engagement with that user. Unmuting their stories, therefore, will increase your engagement with them as viewing their stories can result in you establishing a reciprocal view of your stories.
You may want to mute a user’s Instagram stories for several reasons. Perhaps you just want to keep your content limited to a select few, including that user.
Each time you scroll through your Instagram feed, you will encounter updates from friends, family, associates, and even companies you adhere to.
At times, someone else’s story on your Instagram may be too much to handle. Fortunately, the program’s individual programmers created the mute option.
How to Unmute Someone on Instagram
Stories on Instagram are unique in that they are displayed at the top of your screen. This can be a way to stay up to date with content, but if too many people on your account or someone is spamming your feed, this becomes too annoying. If that is the case, you can mute them.
Muting someone on Instagram is a great way to hide their posts from your feed without unfollowing them. If you’ve decided that you’d like to unmute someone, it’s easy to do. Just follow these steps:
- Open Instagram and tap the “Profile” icon in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Tap the three lines in the top-left corner of the screen and select “Settings.”
- Scroll down and tap “Muted Accounts.”
- Tap the three dots in the top-right corner of the account you want to unmute and select “Unmute.
Unmute Someone’s Stories, Posts, or Both on Instagram
On the profile page, beneath the user’s name, tap “Following.”
A menu will pop up from the bottom of your phone’s screen. Tap “Mute” in this menu.
In the “Mute” menu that opens, to unmute the user’s posts, disable the “Posts” option. To unmute the user’s Stories, turn off the “Stories” option.
You can control both options individually, so you can have one option enabled while the other disabled.
Unmuting Via the Muted Story on the Homepage
- At the top of your feed, swipe left and scroll toward the end of Instagram’s stories feed.
- When you reach the end, you’ll see all the muted stories in gray.
- Search for the account you want to unmute.
- Hold your finger on the account you want to unmute; a pop-up menu will appear at the bottom of the page.
- Select ‘Unmute story’ from the two options. You will start seeing the account’s stories again every time they’re updated.
Unmuting Via the Person’s Profile
- Go to the profile of the account in question.
- Tap on the “Following” button; a pop-up menu will appear.
- Tap on the ‘Mute’ option; another menu will appear.
- Tap on the toggle button next to the stories to disable “Mute.” The button should turn blue to indicate that their stories are “on” again.
Alternatively, you can locate the story icon on the top left corner of their profile and hold your finger to it. Then tap the three dots on the top right, and select “Unmute story.”
Unmuting Through Your Account Settings
- Go to your profile and click on the settings icon on the top right corner.
- Tap on “Settings,” and then tap on “Privacy” in the sub-menu.
- Select the “Connections” category and then tap on “Muted accounts.”
- The account/s you have muted will appear.
- Tap on the account you want to unmute to visit their profile.
- Tap on the “Following” button.
- Select “Mute” from the menu.
- Tap on the toggle button to turn their stories back on.
Can I hide my Story from someone without unfollowing them?
Before creating your story, head over to your profile and click on the three horizontal lines in the upper right-hand corner.
Tap on ‘Settings,’ then tap on ‘Story.’
Here, add the people who you don’t want to see your Story.
How to Unmute Messages On Instagram?
If you’ve muted someone’s messages, you can unmute them by clicking the “Direct Messages” paper airplane in the upper right-hand corner of the homepage. Once you’ve clicked that, search for the right person. After you’ve selected the right person, click the “i” icon in the upper right corner. You’ll see the “Mute Messages” and “Mute Video Chats” toggles are turned to On. Click them and turn them to Off (gray instead of blue.)
In conclusion, by following these simple steps, you can unmute someone on Instagram and get back to seeing their posts in your feed. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to us for help.